Sunday, March 30, 2014

Connecting with Others

Just spent the week with a visit from my mother. We always have such interesting conversations. We talked about all sorts of things, ourselves, the grand children, cousins, and so on.

It is always so hard for me to say goodbye to my mother when she leaves. I feel a sense of mourning when she leaves and it rips me up a bit each time. I love her so much and feel such a kinship with her. I can talk to her about just about everything and she'll listen and even understand! What a deal.

So I'm grateful for our fab visit and a little low now that it is over. But like all feelings, this sadness will pass, and happiness will come in the anticipation of our next meeting this summer, with hopes for more connection and fun to come.

Speaking of connection, I'm feeling pretty connected to my improv class. It's nice to have a group of people interested in the same things as me. It's been such a long time since I've done something that was wholly my own.

I wish there could be more connection at home. Everyone is deep into their screens and their alternate realities. I crave connection at home. I guess I just have to keep looking and whenever there's a window of opportunity for connection, to take it. 

This whole screen culture is a tricky business.

No comments:

Post a Comment