Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whether the Weather

The sun is shining and that brings me hope, even while two days ago it snowed gigantic, fluffy flakes. I'm determined for it to be spring. The calendar must not lie! It's spring now, full stop. Why is it still cold? I persevere in spite of the cold if only to catch a few rays of the temperamental sun that comes and goes here as it pleases.

I've noticed that most of my female friends and acquaintances are quite stressed out these days. In fact, I seem the least stressed out of all of us, and that's saying something! Everyone seems irritable and anxious and angst-filled. Partly, I blame this on the weather. But perhaps it is something more.

Perhaps it is mid life crises, or chemical imbalances, or just a rough patch. It's easy to blame the weather for everything. I do believe it has a huge impact on one's mood, so it's a player in terms of how it influences people. But it's not always JUST weather. 

Why are so many women I care about unhappy? What does that say about our society? About our priorities? About life?

I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment