Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Being Now

Why is it so hard to stay in the moment? I'm asking because I truly don't know. We spend so much of our time ruminating about the pass or fussing about the future. Is that hard-wired and if so, how can we rewire it?

I think the answer does lie in changing our thoughts. Because we now know the brain has neuroplasticity, so that means you can teach an old dog a new trick after all.

I'm trying to stay in the moment, but what do you do when the moment is kind of uninspired and dull? I feel as thought I can't see the forest for the trees.

Yesterday as I was jogging, I noticed myself actually paying attention to being present, and it was aweosme. I was enjoying  something at the SAME TIME it was ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Wow. Those feelings are rare indeed. I hope to change that by trying to really tune in to whatever I'm doing it.

Like right now, I am writing this blog post, and I am in this moment in time. And it is good.

Just have to to keep chugging along and trying to stay in the NOW. Eventually, hopefully, my brain will catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment