Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mellowing Out

I have decided to be a mellower person. I know it isn't as easy as all that, but still, I 'm going to try. When my kids blast their music, I will not yell. When they let the cats out, I will not freak out. When they don't pick their things up, I will not get irritated.

Maybe I'm setting the bar too high but life is short and I am sick to death of spending my hours worrying.

This also covers the concept of guilt. As my wise psychiatrist told me years ago, "Guilt is Bogus." My equally wise current psychiatrist suggested I take specific "Guilt Free" times during the day. Just tell myself "I'm not going to feel guilty about _______ for the next hour." 

It works!

So I'm heading down the mellow brick road (sorry) and we'll see how well I stay on the middle path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment