Monday, January 27, 2014

In the Moment

Spent a nice afternoon with my kids today. We were all in the same room, will wonders never cease, and we were doing different things. It was quite lovely in its simplicity. I watched my son play his goofy video game, Fancypants, and talked to my daughter about the toys with which she was playing, which I had played with over 40 years ago. Man, does that make me feel old!

But the memories of playing with those old Fisher Price toys are good ones. She plays just as I did, on her own (or with a friend or sibling, if available) and makes up her own elaborate stories. She can go for hours. I remember the same thing from my childhood.

Talk about an excellent example of living in the moment!

Kids express their Buddha nature with such ease and freedom. Where do we get separated from it along the way to adulthood? And how do we get it back?

No comments:

Post a Comment