Monday, August 4, 2014

Making a Plan

I've noticed that my anxiety has gone done quite a bit since I made a schedule and plan for this current week, which is chock filled with trainings, packing, trains, camps, and errands. I'm not saying I'm going to stick exactly to my plan, since that rarely happens, but having the plan is the thing. I think some people call it "setting your intentions".

That's pretty much what I'm doing: laying out each day and parsing the different things I have to do on a micro level, so that they don't all have to be done at the last minute, half-assed, or frenetically.

I didn't even use my phone or an app or special software to do it. I did use the computer, JUST TO TYPE. I know, I'm so old school.

So I typed up a list of the days and the activities required therein. And I just checked off today as a solid success. Done and done.

Tomorrow there will be more errands, but I'm calm because I have a plan to refer to. If we needed to, we could be out the door in under an hour, by throwing together the snacks I've got, making lunch, and finishing packing. We're a good way there already and it's only Monday, which is great because my end of the week is FULL. So I'm sorting stuff out while I can.

This makes me less anxious and more peaceful. I like it. Now I can just be for an hour before dinner. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment